Bedford, OH - Firefighters were dispatched for a working fire at 25700 Aurora Road 6:48 a.m. Saturday morning. Heavy smoke and fire was reported showing from Bobby De's Gateway Steakhouse.
Upon arrival, Captain Steve Wloszek reported heavy fire emanating from the roof. A second alarm was requested upon arrival. Firefighters Ken Balogh and Jim Kiss made entry by forcing several locked doors. In heavy smoke and fire conditions these two men conducted a primary search and rescued a male who was overcome with smoke and appeared to be disoriented.
The male was treated by paramedics from the Solon Fire Department and released under his signature. Heavy fire was found in the kitchen area and the fire was controlled by 7:22 am. There was no injuries to firefighters. The restaurant suffered heavy damage and is closed at this time.
The fire was confined to the restaurant and the remaining section of the strip mall was protected through efforts of the firefighters.