OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES for WATCH, DIAL & WIN
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WOIO "Sponsor". The promotion begins Thursday, April 26th at 6pm and ends Wednesday, May 23rd at 11:30pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of Ohio, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WOIO-TV, the Cleveland Cavaliers, Live Nation, Put-in-Bay, Jet Express and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
- How to Enter. This is a Watch, Call & Win promotion. During any one of the 19 Action News newscasts (5-7am, Noon, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 10pm, 11pm) between April 26th and May 23rd viewers will be instructed to call a toll-free number for a chance to win tickets to various concerts, sporting events, or area attractions. The 19th caller to the toll-free number from the time the announcement airs will be declared the winner. In the event that the 19th caller is disconnected regardless of why the disconnection happens the next caller to the TV station will be awarded the prize. Winners of prizes valued at more than $600 will be required to fill out a 1099 form for tax purposes.
No automatic dialing from mechanical hardware or software is permitted. Calls that have been tampered with are void. WOIO-TV is not responsible for dropped, inaudible, or misdirected calls, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or WOIO-TV, telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
- Prize(s). WOIO-TV offers a wide array of prizes, including, but not limited to, tickets to the Cleveland Cavaliers, Put-in-Bay, various concerts and visiting musicians, local and national events, area attractions, etc. Viewers are made aware of which prize is available on the full-screen Watch, Call & Win prompt during the newscast.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. The 19th caller will be notified as to how their prize is to be claimed, depending on the event and venue. The winner will be instructed to either claim the prize at WOIO-TV's front desk between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm (weekdays only), at the event's ticket will call, or through the mail. The prize will be awarded to the 19th caller and the 19th caller only.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the timing of the call placed, and volume of other callers.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by the date and time they are given, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WOIO-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WOIO-TV if WOIO-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WOIO-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each caller forever releases WOIO-TV and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WOIO-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WOIO-TV are final and binding. WOIO-TV reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of WOIO-TVs phone lines, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. WOIO-TV further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.