SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) - Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband, who made headlines earlier this year when he claimed to be the father of Anna Nicole Smith's baby, said Friday he was stripped, robbed and left naked in his Rolls-Royce by three women.
Frederic Von Anhalt called police about 10 a.m. Thursday to say he'd been driving on Bellagio Road behind the Bel Air Country Club when he was flagged down by three women in a white Chrysler convertible with Florida plates, said Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Kevin Maiberger.
Von Anhalt said he thought the three women wanted to pose for a photograph with him, but when he started talking to them, one of them pushed a gun into his neck.
"All of a sudden I felt a pressure on my neck. She said to me, `It's the real thing, don't move," Von Anhalt told reporters outside a Santa Monica courtroom Friday, following a hearing in which his wife was ordered to pay nearly $4,000 for failing to attend an earlier court session in an ongoing lawsuit against her daughter.
"And then they took everything off me. Took my watch off, my expensive watch. I'm completely in the nude," said Von Anhalt, who uses the royal title prince, which he says was given to him by a German princess who adopted him.
"He was found naked in the front seat," Officer Sandra Gonzalez said. He was not injured.
Von Anhalt said one woman took the keys from his Rolls-Royce Phantom then handcuffed him to the steering wheel. The police say no handcuffs were found when they arrived.
In February, von Anhalt announced he believed he was the father of Smith's daughter, Dannielynn. Von Anhalt said he carried on a decades-long affair with the former Playboy Playmate of the Year.
DNA tests later proved Smith's ex-boyfriend Larry Birkhead was the baby's father.
Von Anhalt was in court Friday for a hearing in the lawsuit he and Gabor filed against Gabor's daughter, Francesca Hilton.
Superior Court Judge Jacquelin Connor ordered Gabor, 90, to pay a penalty for missing an earlier court appearance in the lawsuit, even though her lawyers had provided the court with a doctor's note explaining Gabor's absence at the previous hearing.
Gabor and her ninth husband claim in the lawsuit that Hilton - Gabor's daughter with the late hotel magnate Conrad Hilton - stole $2 million by forging her mother's signature to take out a loan on Gabor's $14 million Bel-Air home.
The lawsuit, which alleges elder abuse, fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress, alleges that Hilton used money from that transaction to buy a Laurel Canyon property and invest in a phantom company in New York.
Connor set a Sept. 14 trial date and ordered Gabor to pay $1,840 to Hilton's attorney, Ronald Richards, and $2,040 to the notary in the case.
Gabor did not appear in court - Von Anhalt said she was too sick to do so. The purported prince expressed disappointment with the judge's decision.
"I always said America is the best country to live. But in Europe we respect older, sick people. We don't drag them to court," he said.
Hilton did not speak to reporters, but Richards called the judge's decision to penalize Gabor a victory. He said the lawsuit is groundless.
"My client has been the victim of scurrilous allegations," Richards said. "She will have her day in court."
Richards questioned the veracity of Von Anhalt's reported robbery.
"It's an uncorroborated alibi, about as fantastical as him being the father of Anna Nicole's child," Richards said.