COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The State Highway Patrol says the trooper who died from a yellow jacket sting earlier this week had tried to save himself with two shots of an antidote.
The patrol says 45-year-old Trooper Jack Holland Junior knew he was allergic and kept remedy injection pens handy.
Holland died Tuesday after being stung at his desk at a facility in Seville, about 30 miles south of Cleveland.
Columbus allergist Dr. Gary Ruppp says it's "scary" that someone would get two doses and still die. He says the antidote in question (epinephrine) usually does the job.