Cleveland Firefighter Treated for Heat Exhaustion at Westside Fire

Cleveland, OH - A city firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion while battling a blaze on Cleveland's Westside Thursday morning.

It happened around 9AM at a steel scrap yard at 4431 W. 130th Street.

Officials say the fire started from an electrical short in a sub pump - which caused burning in steel scrap that was also coated in oil.

The fire spread into the building and that also had steel scrap stored in cardboard boxes.

The fire was contained in a matter of hours.

No one was injured.