Charges Expected To Be Filed In High School Basketball Fight - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Charges Expected To Be Filed In High School Basketball Fight

SHARON, Pa. (AP) - A prosecutor expects to file charges against a handful of adults and several juveniles in a fight that broke out at a high school basketball game in February.

Two to four adults will be charged and a dozen juveniles petitioned in the fight that occurred Feb. 2 in the bleachers at Sharon High School's gymnasium, Mercer County District Attorney James Epstein said.

When the fight broke out, there were about two minutes remaining in the game between the Sharon Tigers and their longtime rival, the Farrell Steelers, police said.

Epstein did not say what charges would be filed but did say they could come as early as next week.

As many as 100 people were said to be involved in the fight, but only one person, Jesse Wilson, had been charged. Wilson, a defensive back for the University of Cincinnati football team and former all-state defensive back at Farrell, pleaded guilty to charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly