CLEVELAND – Wednesday was the grand re-opening day for the popular Cleveland diner Ruthie and Moe's, 19/43 News' Harry Boomer reported.
Last May, the local landmark caught fire and was nearly destroyed when an electrical short sparked a massive blaze.
On Wednesday, some of the old regular patrons and a lot of new faces showed up to celebrate the resurrection of Ruthie and Moe's legendary good food and great service.
"She makes it for you. You don't have to say a word," customer Marty Goren said. "You read the paper. You talk to some people. It's terrific."
Following the fire, the diner's founder, Moe Helman, committed suicide. He had reportedly fallen deep into depression because of worries about the money needed to rebuild the diner and feared construction delays.