Once Bitten Ribs Makes Customer Twice Shy - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Once Bitten Ribs Makes Customer Twice Shy

PARMA, Ohio - A Parma woman said that someone bit into her carryout order of ribs before she took them home to eat. It's just one of the complaints in The Investigator's Dirty Dining report.

BAD CASE OF RIB RAGE

Action News' Tom Meyer said that when the woman opened the package of ribs from TGI Friday's in Parma, she said that the ribs were partially eaten.

A manager said that ribs sometimes appear to be eaten when they fall off the bone. Still, the manager refunded the customer's money and gave her coupons.

HANDS-ON COOKING

At Pizzaz on Wilson Mills Road in Mayfield Village, a customer complained that a food handler failed to wash his hands after using the bathroom.

"The bottom line is I saw people in the kitchen not wearing gloves and I saw a worker come out of the bathroom without washing his hands and then prepare food right there in the kitchen, and I find that disgusting," customer Theodora Grazko said.

A visit by a Cuyahoga County health inspector prompted the manager to install hand-washing signs in the bathrooms. No further action was taken.

NOT LICENSED TO ILL

A police officer that ate dinner at Applebee's on Northfield Road complained that he became violently ill after the meal.

"I was so sick I was vomiting off and on until 4 a.m. and for the next two weeks my eyes were bloodshot," Bedford policeman Joe Martukovich said.

The manager said that he couldn't find anything in the restaurant that would have caused the officer's illness. A health inspector found that the dishwasher wasn't hot enough and a cooler wasn't cold enough. Food was voluntarily discarded and repairs were made. No one else has complained of illness.

Not all restaurants were cited for violations. In fact, most eateries were found to be violation-free, including this week's Action News gold-star winners. The honor goes to: Chi Chi's at Westgate Mall in Fairview Park; Acappella on Euclid Avenue in Cleveland; and Cooker's on Columbia Road in Westlake.

Powered by Frankly