Man Burned In House Explosion Dies - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Man Burned In House Explosion Dies

CLEVELAND(AP) - A Mentor man burned severely when his house exploded earlier this month has died in a hospital burn unit.

The explosion occurred when the homeowner, Gregg Waldruff, tried to light a cigarette and ignited gas that leaked after a stove had been moved for cleaning, authorities said.

He died Monday morning at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, a nursing supervisor said.

Waldruff, 42, the only occupant of the house, had cooperated in the investigation and had repeatedly asked if anyone else was hurt, fire officials said. There were no other injuries.

Mentor is about 25 miles northeast of Cleveland.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly