July 23, 2002 at 4:28 PM EST - Updated July 27 at 1:15 AM
PARMA, Ohio (AP) - An 11-year-old boy charged with raping a 5-year-old girl has been released from juvenile detention into the custody of his mother, who was baby-sitting the victim in her suburban Cleveland home.
Juvenile Court Judge Peter Sikora agreed to release the boy if his mother shut down her baby-sitting business in her home.
Parma Law Director Tim Dobeck, who said there is a strong likelihood that there are other victims, said police are questioning parents.
He said police would check to make sure the woman complied with the shutdown order.
Sikora said Monday that the boy has been ordered confined to his home and must wear an electronic monitoring device and be supervised by an adult.
The investigation began in early June when the girl's mother told police her daughter had been sexually assaulted while she was at her baby sitter's house.
(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)