Man Burned In Lawn Tractor Accident Dies - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Man Burned In Lawn Tractor Accident Dies

STREETSBORO, Ohio (AP) - A man burned over most of his body when his lawn tractor mower flipped and ignited spilled fuel died early Thursday at the burn center of MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland.

William Clark, 68, of Streetsboro, was burned Wednesday. He was alert when firefighters arrived and told them the tractor may have flipped when he struck a root.

Spilled fuel apparently ignited when it contacted the hot engine, setting fire to Clark's clothing, according to fire department spokesman Kevin Grimm.

The victim was flown 25 miles by helicopter to the burn unit.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly