Akron Man Dies In House Fire - Cleveland 19 News Cleveland, OH

Akron Man Dies In House Fire

AKRON, Ohio (AP) - An 80-year-old Akron man died in a house fire on Monday.

James Foster was pronounced dead at Akron General Medical Center after firefighters found him in the bathroom of his burning home.

Firefighters were called to Foster's ranch-style home shortly before noon and found heavy smoke coming from the windows and chimney. Investigators said that the fire appears to have started in the basement and spread to the first floor.

The Summit County coroner's office said that an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

Foster is survived by four children. His son Earl said that Foster worked for Firestone for 25 years. The father and son then ran a trash-hauling and salvage business.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly