Couple accused of stealing 94-year-old man’s entire life savings has bond set at $5,000
Updated: Feb. 6, 2019 at 6:34 AM EST
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - A couple accused of stealing a 94-year-old man’s entire life savings had their bond set at $5,000 in a Cuyahoga County court room on Wednesday morning.
Rocky River Police said Patrick and Lori Smith stole their Uncle’s entire life savings, they are accused of only leaving him $5.
The couple was indicted by the Cuyahoga County Grand Jury today for:
- identity theft
Here is the breakdown of the finances, according to police.
- $47,000 in Amazon transactions
- $25,000 at Costco
- $16,000 at Giant Eagle
- $25,000 at Lowe’s Home Improvement
- $9,000 at QVC
- $34,000 in cash withdrawals.
Police also said the couple made a handful of luxurious purchases, including:
- Season tickets for the Cleveland Browns
- Tickets to the 2015 NBA Finals
- 2016 Eastern Conference Finals
- A car, boat and camping trailer
The couple is not allowed to have contact with the victim.
Copyright 2019 WOIO. All rights reserved.