Nursing home resident dies after accidentally setting himself on fire, Oakwood Village police say

Nursing home resident dies after accidentally setting himself on fire, Oakwood Village police say

OAKWOOD VILLAGE, OH (WOIO) - Police in Oakwood Village provided more details on Tuesday regarding the death of a nursing home patient.

According to police, the patient, who has not been identified at this time, died on April 18 after accidentally setting himself on fire outside of Grande Oaks Nursing and Rehabilitation on Broadway Avenue.

The patient was on oxygen while smoking a cigarette outside of the facility, investigators say.

Return to 19 News for updates on this story.

Copyright 2019 WOIO. All rights reserved.