Conneaut firefighters warn residents of dangerous grilling mistake

Conneaut firefighters warn residents of dangerous grilling mistake
Source: Conneaut Fire Department

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The holiday weekend is a great time to get the grill out... and by out, we mean away from your house.

The Conneaut Fire Department shared this photo of a grill that melted vinyl siding from being used too close to the house:

Source: Conneaut Fire Department
Source: Conneaut Fire Department

Experts say you should position your grill at least 10-15 feet away from your house.

You should also have a spray bottle of water nearby so you can quickly put flames out.

Conneaut firefighters warn residents of dangerous grilling mistake

Copyright 2019 WOIO. All rights reserved.