SUN-DRIED TOMATO CREAM SAUCE WITH SHRIMP
1 # shrimp, peeled and de-veined
¼ cup butter
1 tsp flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup heavy cream
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp basil flakes
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
¼ cup vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large sauce pot, add the butter and melt. Once melted add the flour and stir until smooth.
2. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, parsley, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes.
4. Let simmer until thicken.
5. Add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes until cooked through (they’re finished when they curl into a "c" shape). Make sure they do not overcook. Take out of sauce if needed until pasta is cooked.
6. Once pasta is cooked, add to the sauce and toss to combine.
Yield: 4 servings