CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Cleveland officials announced changes to rules at the Muni-Lot ahead of the Brown’s game against the Rams on Sunday.
The new rules will last all season long.
In a press conference, Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia said “for Sunday’s game, the lot hours are going to be really important to emphasize... The lot will open to both vehicle and pedestrian traffic at 2 .p.m. There’s no exceptions to that.”
All access for vehicles and pedestrians will be restricted until 2 o’clock Sunday, and six hours before all games.
Ciaccia added, “that means sometimes people will come down to the lot and pull up off to the side and drop people off with coolers, grills, blankets, speakers. You can’t do that right now.”
Cleveland officials reiterated it will be zero access to the lot until 2 o’ clock in the afternoon.
This change is largely to prevent traffic from backing up on the freeway. “The major problems are stopping on the freeway. Most people are going 50-60 miles per hour. They’re not expecting stopped vehicles on the Shoreway.”
Here is the full list of rules from the Mayor’s Office of Communications:
Municipal Lot Hours
- The municipal lot will open to vehicle and pedestrian traffic at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 22, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Tailgaters will not be permitted to drop off pedestrians at or near the lot prior to 2 p.m.
- Pedestrians will not be permitted to enter the lot prior to 2 p.m.
Illegal Parking and Traffic Violations
- NO PARKING along South Marginal Road
- NO TAILGATING will be permitted on the roadway or sidewalk of the South Marginal
- Motorists shall not stop or unnecessarily impede the flow of traffic on the freeway or freeway ramps
- Violators will be towed
Open Fires and Grilling
- ONLY Propane grills are allowed
- NO charcoal grills
- NO open burns (50 gallon drums or otherwise)
- Alcohol consumption is not permitted in the Municipal Lot
- Additional restroom facilities (porta johns) will be available at the Municipal Lot
- Tailgaters are reminded of the codified ordinances regarding public indecency
Municipal Parking Lot Tailgating Rules and Regulations:
The following is the full list of rules and regulations for tailgating activities in the municipal lot for all 2019 Cleveland Browns home games. The list of rules and regulations will be distributed to all vehicles upon entering the lot as well as posted on various signs:
1. No open pit fires
2. Propane grills only (No charcoal)
3. No alcohol
4. Saving spaces prohibited
5. Attendees will be charged for all occupied parking spaces
6. No in and out privileges
7. All liter must be dispensed in trash containers
8. Vandalism of any type will not be tolerated
9. Crossing the Shoreway is prohibited
10. No private latrines (portable latrines are available in the lot).
Violation of these regulations may result in fines and removal from the premises.
Additional information concerning tailgating activities in the Municipal Parking Lot is below:
- The parking fee in the municipal lot is $25 dollars per parking space. Attendees will be charged for all occupied parking spaces.
- Cleveland Police will not permit vehicles to line-up or stage on the Shoreway before game time.
- Alcohol and Safety - Open containers, consumption of alcohol and public intoxication are all prohibited inside the municipal lot. For those who plan to consume alcohol during any sporting event, always ensure there is a designated driver. Please exercise caution at all times and “if you see something, please say something.”
- Sanitation - There will be 50 portable restrooms, 75 trash cans and 3 dumpsters in the lot during all regular season games. Private latrines are strictly prohibited. Please make sure all trash is disposed of properly before you leave any lot.
- Parking – Parking restrictions are put in place in downtown Cleveland for each Browns home football game – typically for three hours before each game and until two hours after the game’s completion. Look for signs attached to posts, poles and parking meters in those areas affected by the restrictions. Violators will be ticketed and towed if parked in violation. All associated fines and fees to have an automobile released must be done at the One Stop Vehicle Impound Center located at 3040 Quigley Rd.
- Traffic – There will be parking restrictions beginning at 4 p.m. Poles will be marked and will identify the times and duration of the restrictions for the game. Access to the Municipal Lot will be restricted until 2 p.m. The freeway exit ramps from I-90 east to the Municipal Lots and South Marginal will be closed at times to restrict access to the lot.
- RTA - Take the Rapid to Tower City via the Red, Blue or Green Line. From there, transfer to the Waterfront Line and ride directly to the South Harbor station adjacent to the Muni Lot for the tailgate party. Look for the RTA Community Bus. Hot dogs, prizes and the pre-game celebration gets started two hours before each home game.'
- The Waterfront Line also stops near First Energy Stadium at the W. 3rd St station. All rail service, including the Waterfront Line, runs until at least midnight or for an hour after the game ends.
- Use the RTA mobile ticketing app to purchase your $5.50 All-Day pass on your mobile device in advance. Or purchase a $5 cash, round-trip ticket after 4 p.m. at the following stations: Brookpark, Puritas, Triskett, Louis Stokes-Windermere and West 3rd Street. Visit www.riderta.com for route and schedule information. http://www.riderta.com/news/ride-rta-nfl-sunday-night-spotlight