CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The latest update from the Ohio Department of Health on Thursday showed 213 Ohioans have died from the coronavirus with 5,512 cases confirmed statewide.
Gov. Mike DeWine extended a stay-at-home order for all Ohioans through May 1.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now recommending that all Americans wear homemade face coverings in public to help stem the spread of coronavirus.
A number of people of color have expressed fears homemade masks could exacerbate racial profiling and place blacks and Latinos in danger, according to CNN.
Here are today’s links:
- COVID-19 Tracker: Check out the latest on test results around the country
- Coronavirus death toll up to 213 in Ohio; 5,512 cases confirmed statewide
- Protesters gather outside of Ohio Statehouse during coronavirus briefing with Gov. DeWine, Dr. Acton (video)
- 19 manufacturers partner to mass-produce protective face shields for Ohio hospitals
- Ohio State University Marching Band performs socially distanced ‘battle cry’ (video)
- 82-year-old Cleveland priest battling coronavirus in critical condition
- UH shutting down North Ridgeville ER for 60 days, mayor voices ‘concerns and displeasure’
- MetroHealth doctor develops technology for ventilator fast-tracked for production to help COVID-19 patients
- Apple donates 100,000 critical protective masks to Ohio health care workers
- Using ping pong balls and mousetraps ODH shows how social distancing really does work (video)
- Cleveland Clinic asks residents to ‘Light Up Cleveland’ to honor health care workers battling coronavirus crisis
- Shaker Heights creating 'Unity in our Community’ with food drive to help coronavirus crisis
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank hosting drive-thru distribution in Muni Lot
- Owner of Solon Bicycle says he’s had an increase in customers during stay-at-home order
- Some Cuyahoga County employees ordered to take 80 hours of unpaid furlough
- Coronavirus crisis: 226,007 Ohioans filed for unemployment last week, bringing 3 week total to record breaking 696,519
- Record 16.8 million have sought US jobless aid since coronavirus
- Officials warn against Easter travel amid coronavirus pandemic; 16.8M Americans out of work
- Point of order: Congress weighs how to govern from afar amid coronavirus fight
- Trump quietly shuts down asylum at US borders amid coronavirus fight
- Democrats stall Trump’s $250B business virus aid package
- States struggle with coronavirus supply shortages
- Wall Street climbs after Fed stuns markets again with aid
- Texas library employees use 3D printers to make protective gear for health care workers
- Mich. woman with coronavirus asked Amazon’s Alexa for help with pain 40 times in days before her death
- Girl who inspired Charlotte’s Web marijuana oil dies
- After mother’s death of coronavirus, two Colo. sisters forced to watch funeral over FaceTime
- 83 residents at Calif. nursing home hit by coronavirus evacuated after staff fails to show for work
This story will be updated throughout the day.