CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - There is still time to register for the Cleveland Food Bank drive-thru distribution scheduled for Thursday, May 28 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the city of Cleveland Muni Lot.
The Food Bank is planning to distribute a combination of fresh produce and shelf-stable products.
The Cleveland Police and Ohio National Guard are helping with traffic control as well, as Food Bank volunteers help with client check-in.
The Food Bank will continue to implement safety measures for staff, volunteers and clients to ensure that this event runs smoothly and achieves its purpose – safely get food to families, seniors and individuals who need it.
The same guidelines are in place for anyone planning to attend:
- We encourage everyone to pre-register at www.WeFeedCLE.org. You will receive a number and you will need to bring that number with you to display in your car window as part of the check-in process. This will help minimize personal contact and estimate the number of people expected to attend. Everyone is strongly encouraged to pre-register. If you need additional help, please call the Food Bank Help Center at 216-738-2067.
- No walk up clients.
- This will be a drive-thru process only and you will not need to leave your vehicle for any reason. You MUST be in a vehicle to receive food.
- Due to safety concerns, we are REQUIRING that your trunk is empty. Food will only be placed in your trunk.
- Traffic coming from the east (on Rt#2 or I 90 westbound) follow Rt#2 use the S. Marginal Exit #106 to get to the Muni Lot
- Traffic from the south I-71 and I-90 east travel to East 55th exit 175, where they will make a right and another immediate right onto the S. Marginal Rd.
- In general all other traffic should start at E.55 and S. Marginal and travel west on the S. Marginal to the Muni Lot