CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The RTA confirmed on Thursday that an additional eight RTA employees have tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total number of employees who have had the virus to 134.
The latest employees to test positive are:
- two operators from the Hayden District
- one equipment engineer from the Central Bus Facility
- two administrators from the Main Office Building
- one track maintainer from the Rail District
- one hostler from the Triskett District
- one customer service representative from the Tower City Customer Service Center
RTA said the work areas, equipment, and other areas of potential exposure were cleaned and disinfected.
Other staff members who had been in contact with the employee were notified.
RTA officials that out of the 134 employees previously diagnosed with COVID-19, 114 have fully recovered and have returned to work.