LAKE COUNTY, Ohio (WOIO) - A Painesville Township man was sentenced to 56 months in prison for breaking into multiple Lake County businesses.
Richard Gau was arrested in October 2019 and was sentenced Dec. 22, 2020.
Gau was also ordered to pay restitution to the victims.
According to the Lake County Sheriff, the crimes happened at the below businesses and some of the businesses were hit several times:
• Red Creek Bar & Grille- Painesville Township
• Redhawk Grille- Concord Township
• American Legion Post #336- Painesville City
• AMVETS Post #109- Mentor on the Lake
• VFW Post #6519- Chardon
• VFW Post #7754- Fairport Harbor
• AMVETS Post #40- Mentor
• AMVETS Post #1971- Perry Village
Painesville, Mentor on the Lake, Chardon, Fairport Harbor and Perry Village police officers assisted the Lake County Sheriff deputies with the investigation.