House fire in Lakewood sends 2 to hospital (video)
LAKEWOOD, Ohio (WOIO) - A Wednesday night house fire in Lakewood sent two people to the hospital.
The blaze broke out around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at a home located on Brown Street.
Nicole Yosick, told 19 New she just moved into the duplex downstairs a week ago Wednesday.
“Everything that was in the house was all of my moms furniture and stuff” said Yosick “it was so much sentimental stuff, and you’re just sitting out here and you’re watching the fire and you’re praying someone gets here fast enough”.
Video shows flames pour out of windows on the second floor as Lakewood fire crews work to extinguish the fire.
“The woman from upstairs and her kid came running downstairs saying that their couch was on fire” said Yosick.
EMS told 19 News two people were taken to MetroHealth for smoke inhalation following the fire. They are both expected to be okay, EMS said.
“I don’t know where there gonna go, and I don’t know where I’m gonna go either while they fix the house” said Yosick.
No word on cause of the fire.
Return to 19 News for updates.
Copyright 2021 WOIO. All rights reserved.