Cleveland issues road closures and parking bans for NFL Draft
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Cleveland officials issued road closures and parking bans ahead of the NFL Draft.
The following roads will be closed from 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28 through 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 2:
- Rt. 2 westbound from I-90 westbound at Dead Man’s Curve
- Rt. 2 westbound exit to East 9th Street
- Rt. 2 westbound exit to West 3rd Street (except for emergency vehicles and port traffic)
- Exits along Rt. 2 eastbound into downtown
- Both West and East Mall Drive
- East 9th from Lakeside to North Marginal
- West 3rd from just north of Rt. 2 overpass
The following will remain open:
- Eastbound I-90 eastbound to Rt. 2 westbound
- Rt. 2 eastbound
- Access to Jones Day/Northpoint garages and Route 2 eastbound from Lakeside Avenue
- Access (north and southbound) to Summit parking lots and County garage
The following parking bans will be in place from 6:30 a.m. on Thursday, April 29 to 4 a.m. on April 30, 6:30 a.m. on April 30 to 4 a.m. on May 1, and 8 a.m. on May 1 to 4 a.m. on May 2:
- “Normal Browns” parking restrictions
- All main streets from Lakeside Avenue to Superior Avenue
- All main streets from East 12th Street to Old River Road
Parking restrictions will clearly state “NO PARKING TOW AWAY ZONE.”
All construction in the Downtown Business District will be halted from 9 p.m. on April 28 through 6:30 a.m. on May 2.
Stay with 19 News for your traffic updates.
Copyright 2021 WOIO. All rights reserved.