Cleveland residents can get help if they are in danger of losing utility service
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Step Forward’s Home Energy Assistance helps eligible Greater Cleveland keep the heat on in their homes.
Applications are being accepted until the end of March 2022.
This is a one time benefit to be used if you are threatened with disconnection, have been disconnected or have less than a 25 percent supply of bulk fuel in their tank.
Eligible residents must have a gross income at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines to qualify for assistance.
To apply, you must schedule an appointment by calling 2160350-8008 or visit https://stepforward.itfrontdesk.com
Clients need to provide copies of the following documents for their appointment:
• Copies of most recent energy bills; utility bills (gas and/or electric), regardless of account status.
• A list of all household members and proof of income for the last 30 days or 12 months for each member.
• Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members.
• Proof of disability (if applicable).
• Birth Dates and Social Security Numbers for all household members.
Copyright 2021 WOIO. All rights reserved.