Macedonia man faces multiple sex charges involving children
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - William Lupica Jr, 70, is under arrest in Summit County.
19 Investigates uncovered a secret indictment in the case.
Lupica faces three counts of rape and 18 other felonies, including illegal use of nudity-oriented material. 19 Investigates also found a warrant filed for Lupica on May 18 in Stow Municipal Court.
The warrant is for one count of rape of a child three to five years old.
According to court documents, the crimes happened between 2018 and 2019. Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation confirms they processed evidence in this case. This is a developing story, and we’ll have more as it develops.
Here are the charges:
- 3 counts of rape – felonies of the 1st degree
- 3 counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor or impaired Person – felonies of the 2nd degree
- 5 counts of illegal use of minor or impaired person in nudity oriented material or performance – felonies of the 2nd degree
- 2 counts of gross sexual imposition – felonies of the 3rd degree
- 3 counts of pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor or impaired person – felonies of the 4th degree
- 5 counts of illegal use of a minor or impaired person in nudity oriented material or performance – felonies of the 5th degree
We have been hearing from parents of possible victims in this case.
“You think you can trust these people and then now all of a sudden you think, ‘Oh God, I missed something. ' They could have been being tortured. They could be destroyed for the rest of their lives. It’s every parent’s nightmare,” said a mom who asked we hide her identity to protect her children.
She said Lupica Jr.’s wife babysat dozens of kids at their Macedonia home for decades.
This mom said she took her three children there for childcare starting at 12 weeks old, and they thought of them as grandparents.
She said she trusted them until now, when she heard this from police.
“They have a swimming pool there. And the girls would go into their room separately to get changed and that’s where the camera was. It was also from what I understand a camera in their bathroom,” she said.
Nights have been sleepless for her ever since.
“I pray to God I don’t find any pictures of my daughters. Because I don’t know what condition I will be in at that point,” she said.
Lupica Jr’s wife does not face any charges.
This mom warns other parents to always keep your eyes open if something doesn’t seem right.
“Look into it further, don’t just dismiss it as some conditions or excuse. Because it very well may not be and if it isn’t, don’t feel ridiculous for thinking that way. You’re their only advocate,” she said.
Lupica Jr. has no criminal history in Summit County.
We haven’t heard yet how many victims may be involved.
Copyright 2022 WOIO. All rights reserved.