Workers Wanted: Ohio Department of Transportation will hire, pay for CDL training
Published: Nov. 18, 2022 at 12:52 PM EST
CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - The Ohio Department of Transportation is seeking to hire eligible workers to operate and maintain plow trucks for the winter season.
Applicants for snowplow truck operators must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid Class A or Class B CDL and with no air brake restriction
- Have at least three months of training or experience in operating basic equipment
- Be able to pass a physical ability test
- Be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Must have an email address
The state highway agency is also offering $2,500 in retention funds for employees with a valid CDL license who are a part of winter operations.
Additionally, the Ohio Department of Transportation is encouraging potential candidates to apply for highway maintenance worker positions by offering to pay for training for a CDL.
ODOT crews are responsible for maintaining interstates, as well as U.S. and state routes.
Copyright 2022 WOIO. All rights reserved.