Residents escape house fire on Cleveland’s East Side

Published: Mar. 28, 2023 at 6:45 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 28, 2023 at 7:41 AM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Firefighters said the cause of a fire in the city’s Glenville neighborhood was accidental, probably due to an electrical issue.

According to officials, firefighters were called out to the home in the 500 block of Eddy Road just before 3 a.m. Tuesday.

When firefighters arrived, flames were showing from the home.

Everyone inside the home was able to escape safely and no firefighters were injured.

The Red Cross of Northeast Ohio said assistance is being provided to eight displaced residents.

Fire officials said the home did not have working smoke detectors.