Texas vs. East Carolina Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament First Round
Published: Mar. 16, 2023 at 3:40 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 18, 2023 at 7:38 PM EDT
Saturday's contest at Moody Center has the Texas Longhorns (25-9) going head to head against the East Carolina Lady Pirates (23-9) at 10:00 PM ET (on March 18). Our computer prediction projects a one-sided 72-53 victory as our model heavily favors Texas.
The Longhorns dropped their most recent outing 61-51 against Iowa State on Sunday.
Texas vs. East Carolina Game Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 10:00 PM ET
- Where: Moody Center in Austin, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Texas vs. East Carolina Score Prediction
- Prediction: Texas 72, East Carolina 53
Texas Schedule Analysis
- On January 25, the Longhorns picked up their best win of the season, a 78-58 victory over the Oklahoma Sooners, who rank No. 16 in the AP's Top 25.
- The Longhorns have nine wins against Quadrant 1 teams, tied for the ninth-most in the country.
- Texas has seven wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 16th-most in the nation.
Texas 2022-23 Best Wins
- 78-58 at home over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on January 25
- 68-53 at home over Iowa State (No. 17/AP Poll) on January 15
- 67-45 on the road over Oklahoma (No. 16/AP Poll) on February 25
- 68-55 on the road over Baylor (No. 36) on January 22
- 62-48 over USC (No. 37) on December 18
East Carolina Schedule Analysis
- In their best win of the season, which took place on March 8, the Lady Pirates took down the Memphis Lady Tigers (No. 62 in our computer rankings) by a score of 69-60.
- East Carolina has five Quadrant 2 wins, tied for the 37th-most in the country. But it also has five Quadrant 2 losses, tied for the 42nd-most.
East Carolina 2022-23 Best Wins
- 69-60 over Memphis (No. 62) on March 8
- 55-47 on the road over Memphis (No. 62) on January 3
- 46-44 over Houston (No. 71) on March 9
- 88-83 at home over Houston (No. 71) on February 22
- 72-64 over Liberty (No. 96) on November 26
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Texas Performance Insights
- The Longhorns' +538 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 15.8 points per game) is a result of scoring 73.3 points per game (47th in college basketball) while allowing 57.5 per contest (31st in college basketball).
- Texas' offense has been worse in Big 12 tilts this season, tallying 72.3 points per contest, compared to its season average of 73.3 PPG.
- The Longhorns are putting up 78.7 points per game in home games. When playing on the road, they are averaging 71.9 points per contest.
- Texas surrenders 53.8 points per game when playing at home this year, compared to 63.9 in road games.
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Longhorns have struggled over their last 10 games, scoring 66.1 points per contest over that span compared to the 73.3 they've racked up over the course of this year.
East Carolina Performance Insights
- The Lady Pirates are outscoring opponents by 7.3 points per game, with a +235 scoring differential overall. They put up 63.3 points per game (218th in college basketball) and allow 56.0 per contest (20th in college basketball).
- In 2022-23, East Carolina has scored 63.8 points per game in AAC action, and 63.3 overall.
- At home the Lady Pirates are putting up 66.1 points per game, 6.7 more than they are averaging on the road (59.4).
- At home, East Carolina gives up 52.7 points per game. Away, it allows 60.3.
- The Lady Pirates have performed better offensively in their past 10 games, scoring 67.3 points per contest, 4.0 more than their season average of 63.3.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.