Guardians vs. Mets Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
The New York Mets (23-23) bring a three-game winning streak into a home matchup versus the Cleveland Guardians (20-24) at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Mets will send Max Scherzer (3-2) to the mound, while Tanner Bibee (1-1) will get the nod for the Guardians.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Guardians vs. Mets Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- TV: WPIX
- Location: Queens, New York
- Venue: Citi Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Scherzer - NYM (3-2, 4.88 ERA) vs Bibee - CLE (1-1, 3.22 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Mets vs Guardians Betting Trends & Stats|
|Mets vs Guardians Player Props|
|How to Watch Mets vs Guardians|
|Mets vs Guardians Odds|
|Mets vs Guardians Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Tanner Bibee
- Bibee (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Guardians in his fifth start of the season. He has a 3.22 ERA in 22 1/3 innings pitched, with 22 strikeouts.
- The righty's most recent appearance was on Sunday, May 14 against the Los Angeles Angels, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In four games this season, the 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.22, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .232 against him.
- Bibee heads into the matchup with one quality start under his belt this season.
- Bibee has pitched five or more innings in a game three times this year entering this game.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Mets Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Max Scherzer
- Scherzer (3-2) will take the mound for the Mets, his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed two hits in five innings against the Washington Nationals.
- The 38-year-old has an ERA of 4.88 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .235 in six games this season.
- He has one quality starts in six chances this season.
- In six starts this season, Scherzer has lasted five or more innings four times, with an average of 4.5 innings per appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.