Guardians vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 23
Published: May. 23, 2023 at 12:09 PM EDT|Updated: May. 23, 2023 at 4:09 PM EDT
The Cleveland Guardians (21-26) host the Chicago White Sox (19-30) at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The probable pitchers are Logan Allen (1-1) for the Guardians and Dylan Cease (2-3) for the White Sox.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Guardians vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Tuesday, May 23, 2023
- Time: 6:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Allen - CLE (1-1, 3.04 ERA) vs Cease - CHW (2-3, 4.78 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Guardians vs White Sox Betting Trends & Stats|
|Guardians vs White Sox Player Props|
|How to Watch Guardians vs White Sox|
|Guardians vs White Sox Odds|
|Guardians vs White Sox Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Allen
- The Guardians will hand the ball to Allen (1-1) for his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox, giving up one earned run while allowing seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in five games this season with a 3.04 ERA and 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .282.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- In five starts, Allen has pitched through or past the fifth inning four times. He has a season average of 5.2 frames per outing.
Logan Allen vs. White Sox
- The White Sox rank 19th in MLB with a .241 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 20th in the league (.389) and 51 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the White Sox in one game, and they have gone 7-for-23 with two doubles and an RBI over 5 2/3 innings.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Dylan Cease
- Cease (2-3 with a 4.78 ERA and 57 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the White Sox, his 11th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Thursday against the Cleveland Guardians, the righty tossed 6 1/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.78, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .242 batting average against him.
- Cease is trying to continue a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Cease will try to extend a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he's averaging 5.2 frames per appearance).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 27-year-old ranks 58th in ERA (4.78), 55th in WHIP (1.386), and 23rd in K/9 (9.7).
Dylan Cease vs. Guardians
- The opposing Guardians offense has a collective .225 batting average, and is 28th in the league with 350 total hits and 28th in MLB play with 167 runs scored. They have the worst slugging percentage (.341) and are last in all of MLB with 29 home runs.
- Cease has pitched 6 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on five hits while striking out three against the Guardians this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.