Guardians vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 9
The Cleveland Guardians (29-33) take on the Houston Astros (36-27) after Jose Ramirez launched three homers in a 10-3 victory over the Red Sox. The game starts at 7:10 PM ET on Friday.
The Guardians will give the nod to Logan Allen (3-2, 2.76 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 4 on the season, and the Astros will counter with Cristian Javier (7-1, 2.84 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Guardians vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, June 9, 2023
- Time: 7:10 PM ET
- TV: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Allen - CLE (3-2, 2.76 ERA) vs Javier - HOU (7-1, 2.84 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|Guardians vs Astros Betting Trends & Stats|
|Guardians vs Astros Player Props|
|How to Watch Guardians vs Astros|
|Guardians vs Astros Odds|
|Guardians vs Astros Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Logan Allen
- The Guardians' Allen (3-2) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw six innings against the Minnesota Twins, giving up two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 2.76, a 3.62 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.336 in eight games this season.
- He's going for his fourth straight quality start.
- Allen has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has made eight appearances and finished one of them without allowing an earned run.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- The Astros are sending Javier (7-1) to the mound for his 13th start of the season. He is 7-1 with a 2.84 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 69 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Saturday against the Los Angeles Angels, when the righty tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up six hits.
- The 26-year-old has put together a 2.84 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings during 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .209 to opposing hitters.
- Javier enters this game with seven quality starts under his belt this year.
- Javier is looking for his 13th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.8 innings per start.
- He given up one or more earned runs in each of his appearances in 2023.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 26-year-old ranks 15th in ERA (2.84), ninth in WHIP (.990), and 28th in K/9 (9.3).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.