Guardians vs. Rangers Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Cleveland Guardians (71-78) will attempt to sweep the Texas Rangers (82-66) at Progressive Field on Sunday, at 1:40 PM ET.
The probable pitchers are Cody Bradford (4-1) for the Rangers and Gavin Williams (2-5) for the Guardians.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Guardians vs. Rangers Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 1:40 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Venue: Progressive Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Bradford - TEX (4-1, 3.80 ERA) vs Williams - CLE (2-5, 3.43 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Guardians Injury Report|
|How to Watch Rangers vs Guardians|
|Rangers vs Guardians Betting Trends & Stats|
|Rangers vs Guardians Odds|
|Rangers vs Guardians Prediction|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Gavin Williams
- Williams (2-5) gets the starting nod for the Guardians in his 16th start of the season. He has a 3.43 ERA in 76 2/3 innings pitched, with 74 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, the right-hander threw six innings against the San Francisco Giants, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 24-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.43, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 15 games this season. Opponents are batting .221 against him.
- Williams is trying to pick up his fourth quality start of the year.
- Williams is trying for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- In four of his appearances this season he has not allow an earned run.
Gavin Williams vs. Rangers
- The opposing Rangers offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.455) and ranks sixth in home runs hit (209) in all of MLB. They have a collective .266 batting average, and are second in the league with 1368 total hits and third in MLB action scoring 816 runs.
- Williams has thrown five innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out four against the Rangers this season.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cody Bradford
- The Rangers' Bradford (4-1) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Toronto Blue Jays, throwing 2 2/3 scoreless innings of relief and allowing one hit.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.80, a 3.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.120 in 17 games this season.
- Bradford has not earned a quality start in six starts this season.
- Bradford has four starts of five or more innings this season in six chances. He averages 2.8 innings per outing.
- He has kept opponents from scoring an earned run in five straight appearances.
Cody Bradford vs. Guardians
- The Guardians rank 15th in MLB with a .249 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 28th in the league (.380) and 114 home runs.
- The left-hander has allowed the Guardians to go 3-for-12 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI in three innings this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.