One injured in Akron house fire

AKRON, OH (WOIO) - One person injured in an early morning house fire.

The blaze started around 2:30AM on Shaefer Street.

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was an overloaded electrical outlet on the 3rd floor. There is heavy fire damage to the third floor, and water damage to the 1st and 2nd floors.

The victim is being treated at Akron Childrens Hospital. No word on a condition at this time.

The Red Cross is now helping the family with a place to stay.

Copyright 2012 WOIO. All rights reserved.