Vote by Mail for the November 4th General Election kicks off Tuesday morning as the Board of Elections mails out over 108,000 ballots and will open for early voting beginning at 8:00 a.m.
"As we anticipate thousands of absentee applications to continue to arrive each day, we are also prepared to process daily in-house voters as well as prepare for Election Day voting," said Pat McDonald, Director of the Board of Elections.
The 108,774 ballot requests received to date is ahead of expectations. "With 99 issues and 119 statewide and local candidates, including Governor on the ballot, this is an indication of voter interest in this important election. We are well on our way to reach our estimate of 180,000 Vote by Mail ballot requests," said McDonald. He also predicts that the combined number of total ballots cast by mail and on Election Day will reach 400,000, or a 45% voter turnout.
"The projected total of ballots cast includes an anticipated 5,000 early, in-house voters," said McDonald.
Tuesday also marks the start of "Golden Week". This is the time frame between September 30 - October 6, 2014 when people may register and cast their ballot at the same time when they visit the Board of Elections to vote.
Everyone who votes by mail will receive an I Voted by Mail lapel sticker, which is comparable to the popular I Voted Today stickers that voters receive when they vote on Election Day.
"The I Voted mail stickers show everyone that you have participated in the democratic process and they encourage other people to Vote by Mail. They also serve as a reminder to return voted ballots," said McDonald.
Ballot applications are available on the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections website.
The voter registration deadline for the November 4 General Election is at 9:00 p.m. on October 6.
Voters who have not registered, have moved, or have changed their name, must do so by this date. Address changes can be made on-line.
Early voting hours:
• Weekdays: September 30th to October 3rd: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Monday October 6th: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
• Weekdays: October 7th to 10th: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Weekdays October 14th to the 17th: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Weekdays October 20th to the 24th: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday: October 25th: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Sunday: October 26th: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Weekdays: October 27th to 31st: 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
• Saturday: November 1st: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Sunday: November 2nd: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Monday: November 3rd: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.