AKRON, OH (WOIO) - A chef with the Firestone Country Club shared the recipe for Crunchy Cream Pie.
- 3 cups half and half
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 baked graham cracker pie crust
- 6 oz ready-to-whip topping
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 1 flour-based piecrust, baked and chopped fine
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Mix all ingredients to create topping
- Combine ½ cup sugar with the cornstarch and mix well.
- Add 2 eggs, 2 tsp vanilla extract and a dash of salt to the sugar mixture and blend well to remove all lumps.
- Put the half and half into a pot with ½ cup sugar and heat to a simmer.
- Add the egg mixture to the simmering milk and whip until the mixture is thick and starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and stir the butter into the mixture.
- Pour directly into a graham cracker pie crust.
- Cool the pies for six hours and top with whipped cream and topping mixture.