All you need is your smartphone to see your doctor in Northeast Ohio
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - You don't have to leave your house when you're sick anymore for a trip to the doctor's office.
All you need is your phone for a check-up.
CVS Health is launching "minute clinic video visits" through its smart phone app.
It's designed for patients with minor illnesses and injuries.
CVS says the service will provide users with the same care they receive in-person.
Telemedicine might be convenient, but there are limits too.
Cleveland19 is looking at the pros and cons, with some help from the Cleveland Clinic.
- Convenience: you have access to a medical professional any time any place.
- Time savings: you get medical care in minutes versus hours. There is no time spent in the waiting room.
- Affordability: health insurance often covers it because it is usually less expensive than clinic appointments.
- It's not suitable for all cases. You can't get a full, routine physical exam.
- Possible electronic glitches can be an issue. A bad connection from bad weather is possible.
- The service is not offered by all doctors.
The CVS telemedicine visits will be available 24 hours a day by the end of the year and cost $59.
Copyright 2018 WMBF News. All rights reserved.