SANDUSKY, Ohio (WOIO) - Cedar Point is planning to reopen in July, but of course, with some restrictions and even limited capacity.
The park is expected to open with limited capacity on July 9.
In the beginning, the park will only allow 2020 Gold and Platinum season pass holders to enter the park, and they must make a reservation first.
Beginning July 11 the park will open to Cedar Point Resorts guests and 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum pass holders.
In the coming weeks, those season pass holders will receive an email allowing them to make their first reservation.
Details on how many reservations, and how often season pass holders can make reservations have not been released yet.
In this first phase of openings for the park, there will be no walk-up tickets sold and no walk-up reservation allowed.
Do not show up to the park expecting to buy tickets at the gate and allowed in.
Those who use daily tickets will be allowed to visit the park at a later time.
“The safety of all of our guests and associates has always been, and will always be our top priority. We’re looking forward to returning to summertime fun in a safe and healthy manner,” said Jason McClure, vice president, and general manager of Cedar Point. “We’ve implemented new safety protocols throughout the property that align with the recommendations of health and safety experts. With that guidance, we’re ready and excited to welcome our guests and associates back to Cedar Point.”
Below are some of the changes that guests may see during the 2020 season:
- A new online reservation system to manage capacity and facilitate appropriate social distancing
- A health screen and temperature check before each guest, associate or vendor enters the park
- New social distancing protocols throughout the parks
- The requirement for guests, associates, and vendors to wear masks as directed by protocols
- An abundance of hand sanitizer stations placed throughout the parks
- Increased cleaning and sanitization procedures of all high-touch areas throughout the parks